> Home > How to get started with BettaPlan
Dream it and Do it with BettaPlan
7 Steps to Smarter Living. It's your life, live it the way you really want to!
Step 1:Get yourself sorted once and for all
Get all your 'stuff' together, information, post-it notes, papers...everything.
Go through it all and enter what you need to keep into BettaPlan. Yes, that does mean throwing things out (gasp), you'll feel lighter & freer, promise!
Your Folders will keep all the everyday stuff under control and ticking along right next to your life plan, food diary, contacts and projects.
Set up links to websites or documents to make your life easier & say goodbye to clutter and chaos!
Once you’ve got everything in your BettaPlan Folders and synced your Planner and Contacts with Outlook you’re ready for Step 2.
Step2: Decide what you really want
More money, extra family time, peace of mind, slimmer thighs, back-pack around the world, start a business or learn to sail. What do you want? You might have lots of answers, you might have to think about it. Write these things down in your Journal.
If you are thinking ‘I don’t have time’, this is a way to get more organized so that you do have the time. If you don't have time to write down your plans, then how are you going to find the time to do what needs to be done?
Don’t let life pass you by and allow your dreams to turn into regrets.
Step 3: Set some specific goals (realistic too!)
Sometimes we’re our own worst enemies, setting ourselves impossible goals, like trying to loose 5kg’s in two weeks, cutting out coffee at the same time (torture!) and reading with the kids every night. Then we fall into the depths of despair and feel like total failures when we don’t succeed.
Set goals you honestly feel are achievable. Then make the commitment to yourself that you will do whatever it takes to achieve them. Create a Folder for your goals. The key is to pick one or two goals and attack them in a realistic way, try to keep it simple. To succeed, your have to make sure that you set goals remembering the A, B, C's
Actions: Know what it will take to achieve this goal and commit to doing it. Be Specific: Make sure you're very clear on what the goal is and be able to picture it. Control: Set goals where your actions have a strong influence on the outcome.
Step 4: Put together a workable plan
Decide on the specific things you need to do to achieve your goal and when you’re going to do what. Make sure it’s a plan that you can maintain until you’ve achieved your goal.
Don't forget, if you’re going to succeed in the long-term, you need to make the process as enjoyable as possible too.
Add your action items to each goal in your Goal Folder and assign them all dates; so they'll automatically appear in your Planner. Voila!! You have a detailed and specific plan and it’s in your schedule alongside every other appointment, deadline or task (work or personal). Make sure you set Alerts to keep track of key milestones.
Step 5: Add your favorite quotes for inspiration
Add some of your favorite inspirational quotes, sayings or affirmations to the Quotes library for extra motivation.
Step 6: Set up your Coach daily questions to stay focused and stick to your plan
This way you’ll have to answer to yourself through your Coach every morning and evening (or whenever you choose).
You select or create the questions, and only you see the answers, so if you’re answering ‘Nothing’ to a question like ‘What did I do today to make myself happy?” for five days in a row, then you’ve got to stop and say to yourself, “Why not?” and start doing something about it.
If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you will keep getting what you’ve always got. Change something; do something differently and you will get different results!
Step 7: Use BettaPlan every day
Work your plan!
Every day you're always moving forward, closer to where you want to be, step by step and making the most of every day at the same time.
- Look at a snapshot of your day along with a thought-provoking quote on the Home tab
- Answer your personalized Coach Start of Day Questions to get yourself focused on your key priorities for the day
Throughout the Day
- Refer to your Planner for details on your schedule and activities
- Tick things off your To-Do list items
- Work on your various projects and update the relevant Folders where neccessary
- Use your CRM to manage your contacts throughout the day
- Read different Quotes or Affirmations to keep you motivated
- Answer your personalized Coach End of Day questions to make sure you've stayed on track and stuck to your plan, and if you haven't, make a note of why not
- Take some time to reflect on the day by writing in your personal journal. Record high points, low points, thoughts feelings or activities. This will help you stay on track to achieveing your goals, identify issues, celebrate milestones and have a record of your journey. You will also bemore relaxed and less likely to go to bed with your mind churning away on the days events
- Plan your activities for the following day using Alerts, Folders, Planner and To-Do List to make sure you know what you need to do to achieve your objectives for the day
You're making the most of your time and are on your way to achieving your goals and living the life you want.